Marrakech Escape | May, 13-19 2019
Marrakech Escape | May, 13-19 2019
Let’s run away for a whole week together for a slow living, creative escape. Join Beth of Local Milk along with our local guide & co-host Emma Rice on May 13-19th 2019 for an L | M Escape: a luxurious 8 day, 7 night retreat in Morocco through the sunset colored labyrinth of Marrakech's medina & souks (old town & markets) to the luxurious spa of La Mamounia to the fragrant gardens of the Beldi Country Club to the still reflecting pools of your boutique riad. And all of it fueled by endless sips of Berber mint tea.
This intimate, week-long retreat will be open to only 10 guests, each with their own private room. The longer stay is designed to provide you with ample time to explore your creative, professional, and personal goals in depth; soak up the city (and shopping!), and find plenty of down time to recharge. This promises to be a transformative, once-in-a-lifetime journey—a unique opportunity to be both restored and inspired.
Guests will stay at Riad 42 and Riad Berbere, two quiet oases hidden away in the heart of the old city center & steps from the bustling market stalls of the souks and their technicolor textiles, Berbere rugs, and woven baskets. You'll be greeted with sweet mint tea before we all gather to introduce ourselves before we’re whisked from the busy streets to the rooftop of the famous Dar Yakout for cocktails before a sumptuous, traditional Moroccan dinner by the pool in their lush courtyard. We'll spend our days in the city discussing slow living, self-actualization, and visual storytelling all while exploring local cuisine from rooftop terrace dinners to beautifully styled long table gatherings. Each morning will start with a traditional Moroccan breakfast at your riad and yoga or meditation on alternating mornings. The days will be filled with meals, exploring Marrakech, the spa & hammam, shopping, photography lessons, and creative online business practicums.
You do not need to be a photographer to join us, nor do you need to be interested in photography—the photography & creative business practicums are optional—you can always take time for yourself when you need it or if something doesn’t interest or apply to you! Because of the long duration, you can make this escape whatever you want it to be:
• an immersive travel & culinary experience to sate your wanderlust
• a chance to create and tell your own compelling visual story in an otherworldly setting
• a portfolio building & critique opportunity for advanced and aspiring photographers
• a chance to learn both the technical and creative sides of photography from changing camera settings & lens types to editing in Lightroom... all in a visually inspiring place
• a time to focus on slow living, balance, and the direction of your personal or professional life
• a chance to connect and build relationships with like-minded creative people
• an opportunity to learn how to use Instagram & social media for your brand, business, or blog
• a time to focus on learning the ins and outs of content marketing online from email list building to sales
This Escape is perfect for you If…
You’re an adventurous, open minded traveler that isn’t easily ruffled.
You’re ready to slow down so you can really grow.
You want to take your blog, business, or brand to the next level online and on social media.
You want to learn photography and editing and hone your visual story telling skills.
You’re excited to take photographs in an inspiring place.
You want to be able to ask all your questions face-to-face.
You want to shop in Marrakech!
This probably isn’t for you if…
You prefer to stick to what’s familiar and your routines.
You’re a very nervous traveller. Marrakech is SUPER safe and incredibly lovely…but it’s got a lot of chaos!
You need to have alcohol at every meal. Because it is a muslim country, not all restaurants have wine…but many we will go to do and your riad always will!
You’re easily put on edge. With donkeys, delays, and whizzing motor scooters, navigating the souks requires just a touch of inner zen. Everything in Marrakech tends to run about half an hour behind. Including us.
Please note: This is NOT a styling retreat. We will be setting some beautiful tables for you to photograph and dine at, but we will not be teaching photography. Practicums will focus on:
Branding & Creative Business
Instagram Strategy & Style
Email List Building & Content Marketing
Photography 101 : Camera Settings & Lenses
Editing in Lightroom
2 Hour Small Group Workshop with 5 guests + Beth
Inside My Business and Ask Me Anything Q & A’s
The Details :
How Much : $5297. You can pay it all at once or in two deposits. To only pay half now and the other half by March, 15 2019 use the code MOROCCO19 at checkout.
Included : Absolutely everything but airfare, extra alcohol, & personal snacks.
- transfer to and from the Menara Airport (RAK) on arrival and departure days & all transportation during the escape
- all meals & events both in and out as well as frequent refreshments. While we can accommodate vegetarians and isolated allergies, if you are have multiple dietary restrictions for religious, philosophical, or medical reasons or are vegan we can create a special menu for an additional charge. Contact us with your restrictions for details and pricing.
- small group sessions with your hosts, lectures, discussions, and classes
- morning yoga and/or meditation (on certain days)
- all excursions and activities including market tours and a spa day
- a private room & bathroom at a boutique riad
- a special, curated selection of gifts during your stay
Where : Marrakech, Morocco ; the closest airport is Menara Airport, (RAK)
When : May 13-19 2019
Who : The escape is for people from all walks of life who love food, beauty, and travel.
Cancellation Policy : Due to the involved logistics, we offer no cancellations or refunds. Please know you can make it before booking. We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover the retreat in the event of strikes, natural disasters, health problems, and other unforeseen events in your life or the world.
Important : Please read our FAQ! If you’d like to only pay half the deposit now use the code MOROCCO19. The second half of the deposit will be due on March, 15 2019.
Note: Some rooms are bigger than others. Rooms will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.