Final Marrakech 2018 Payment
Final Marrakech 2018 Payment
Final Payment for Janine Tai
Due by 9/15/2018
Join Beth Kirby of Local Milk and the Raw Milk Podcast along with her expert guide & co-host Emma Rice on October 16-20th, 2018 for an escape to Marrakech to focus on inspiration, community, visual storytelling, and creative business. This 4-night, 5 day get-away in Morocco will focus on exploring & being inspired by the sunset colored labyrinth of Marrakech's medina & souks (old town & markets) as well as intensive practicums on social media, online marketing, and creative business. There will be an optional photography & editing practicum for those interested in learning more in depth how to tell compelling visual stories. And all of it fueled by endless sips of Berber mint tea.
This creative business retreat will provide a space to explore your professional and personal goals in depth with expert guidance and promises to be a transformative, once-in-a-lifetime journey like our retreats have been for so many guests over the years.
Guests will stay at a small collection of bespoke, boutique riads, each an oasis hidden away in the heart of the old city center & steps from the bustling market stalls of the souks. You'll be greeted with sweet mint tea as we get to know one another, and classes each day will be held at a different beautiful location. We'll spend our days in the city discussing slow living, self-actualization, creative business, online marketing, social media, and visual storytelling all while exploring local cuisine from street food snacks to rooftop terrace dinners to beautiful long table gatherings. Our first two days together will be spent immersed in creative business with breaks for great food, conversation, exploration, and all important down time. On our exploration day we’ll take you shopping in the souks (with guidance on how to haggle!), to have tea on the gorgeous grounds of the Beldi Country Club where famous Beldi glass is made, and if you’d like, we’ll aid you in booking a hammam for a traditional bathhouse spa experience that afternoon.
Please note, you do not need to be a photographer to join us, nor do you need to be interested in photography. Also please note that this is not a styling retreat. Instead we will be focused on experiencing Marrakech and learning about social media, creative business, and online marketing with an optional session devoted to DSLR photography and editing in Adobe Lightroom.
This retreat is…
• an immersive travel & culinary experience to sate your wanderlust
• an opportunity to learn how to grow your creative business into a profitable livelihood and learn best practices for social media and online marketing
• a chance to create and tell your own compelling visual story in an otherworldly setting
• a portfolio building opportunity for advanced and aspiring photographers & instagrammers
• a chance to learn both the technical and creative sides of photography from changing camera settings & lens types to editing in Lightroom... all in a visually inspiring place
• a time to focus on slow living, balance, and the direction of your personal or professional life
• a chance to connect and build relationships with like-minded creative people
THE DETAILS :
How Much : $2800 USD for a shared room. $3000 for a private room. If you’d like to split your payment in two please email us at email@example.com, but please note that spots are limited and given on a first come first serve basis.
Included : Absolutely everything but airfare, extra alcohol & personal snacks, and personal shopping.
- transfer to and from the Menara Airport (RAK) on arrival and departure days & all transportation during the retreat
- all meals & events both in and out as well as frequent refreshments. While we can accommodate vegetarians and isolated allergies, if you have multiple dietary restrictions for religious, philosophical, or medical reasons or are vegan we can create a special menu for an additional charge. Contact us with your restrictions for details and pricing.
- all classes and workshops including an optional DSLR photography & editing 101 workshop
- optional morning Qigong meditation for centering and grounding
- all excursions and activities
- your room (shared or private)
- a special, curated selection of local gifts during your stay
- printed workshop materials
- Special menu if highly dietary restricted (vegetarians and one off allergies are no problem)
- Styling lessons
- Airfare to and from Morocco
- Hammam or spa, though we will help you book one if you’d like to try it out and they’re very cheap!
Where : Marrakech, Morocco ; the closest airport is Menara Airport, (RAK)
When : October 16-20, 2018
Who : Anyone! The escape is for creative people from all walks of life who love food, beauty, and travel and want to learn more about visual storytelling & the social media and online marketing side of creative business